Ouch! for Taylor

Thursday 14 June 2007 | Labels: , | |

Taylor 310ce - Crisp, black binding flanks the satin-finish sapele back and sides and glossy Sitka spruce top, and then continues up the fretboard. The 300 Series is truly the performer’s workhorse, combining technology and craftsmanship with understated style.

This is Taylor - the love of my life... as moderate materialism will allow. She is my curvaceous Taylor that sings beautifully.

Someone once said... the instrument has to be greater than the musician. It has to be far greater so that the musician can always aspire to get better and use the instrument to its fullest.

Perhaps this is just an excuse to spend $

I was at worship practice today and one of her strings broke.... what a harrowing ordeal it turned out to be. You see, she is young, naive and thinks very highly of herself. Thinks she is the most beautiful guitar in the world. And very picky and fickle she is - high maintenance you can say.

As I was winding up the new string, lo and behold, the string BREAKS!
So I try again with another new string and the same shocking result, the string breaks.
...she is trying to tell me something...
I realized that I accidentally put the wrong gauge string on the guitar.
Finding the correct gauge string, I proceed to wind up ... then SNAP!
...she is just getting back at me...

The unthinkable... I broke 4 guitar string today. And the worst part is, I have the horrible sound of the string snapping still in my head.

Being a new guitar, I guess one of the metal edges may be sharp and causing the strings to break.


I think she is mad at me... But I'm not sure

Is that bad??

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    "THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE" ???!!!

    garrrrr ....

  2. Unknown says:

    Hey HM, great read. Looking forward to more!!!

  3. golfmachine says:

    Second to only your mrs., I thought I was the love of your life...now I'm third?!

  4. giz lau says:

    haha. ..nice post. oh, taylor :\

    what i love, though, is the "sexy g string" ads that popped up on your google adsense box, lol.

  5. hm park says:

    sigh... silly google ads. and um... I actually did change the G string.