MSG goodness: the Shin Ramen

Thursday 28 June 2007 | Labels: | |

So I've resorted to blogging about instant noodles.

I must admit, there is nothing that soothes this Korean's belly like the one and only high sodium, high MSG, nutritionally deficient Shin Ramen.

I know its not healthy, but it tastes so good! So, I try to limit to eating this to once per month.

An ancient art: I learned to cook instant noodles at a young age. In fact, it was the very first thing I learned to cook.

And over the years, I have perfected this delicate process of cooking instant noodles (In reality, I merely put extra bits of this and that).

Ingredients:
1 Shin Ramen, rice, 1 egg, Kimchi, rice cake

- Boil water (not too much water otherwise it becomes too watery)
- Add vegetable packet + rice cakes
- Boil 1 minute
- Add noodles and 80% soup base (discard rest of soup base)
- Boil 1 minute
- Add egg and immediately stir, to prevent the egg from being cooked in a clump (personal preference)
- Enable Kimchi fusion: liberally add Kimchi soup and cabbage

- Eat noodles
- Once noodles are almost done, add rice, continue to eat

YUM!

And you've now got enough sodium and calories to last you a couple of days.

Be warned that this man is set on his ways, very set on his ways... when it comes his ramen. Be wary if you dare cross paths with me and try to cook me noodles...

There is something about these noodles. Strangely, right after eating, my vocal chords are warmed up and I'm ready to sing!

1 comments:

  1. giz lau says:

    and you said you weren't domesticated and didn't know how to cook! lies, all lies!